Application & Contact Information
The following are requirements for participation in the volunteer program:
- 18 years of age or older
- A two-step tuberculosis test and a blood test to provide proof of immunity for Chicken Pox (Varicella) and MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella). Please note, immunization may be required as part of this process if not up to date.
- Provide two references from individuals who know you in a professional capacity
- Provide consent for a Criminal Records Check*
- Attend orientation/introduction sessions
- Be available to attend training sessions as required for the placement in which you are assigned
* This screening is undertaken as part of our responsibility and commitment to ensuring the safety and well being of our vulnerable patients.
Volunteer Program Commitment
- A minimum commitment of one year on a weekly basis is required for most of our programs. Our Summer Volunteer Program requires a minimum commitment of 90 hours, generally from May to August.
- You must be available on the same day and time each week for most roles.
- Shifts are approximately three hours in duration.
- We are happy to speak with candidates who are interested in volunteering at the Grace but may require some flexibility in scheduling or duration of time commitment.
Preparing for a Volunteer Role at the Grace
This short presentation explains the steps required to prepare for a volunteer role at the Grace following an interview and confirmation of a volunteer opportunity.
Volunteer Resources – Contact Information/Inquiries
For further information on our year round or summer programs, or if you would like to receive an application package, please contact us by e-mail or phone. Note: please refer to our Volunteer Opportunities page for the most current information on our program needs and updates.
Phone: (416) 925-2251 ext. 256