Toronto Grace Health Centre was surveyed by Accreditation Canada March 6, 7, 8, 9, 2016
Toronto Grace Health Centre was awarded – ACCREDITED WITH EXEMPLARY STANDING
Purpose of Accreditation
Accreditation is granted by Accreditation Canada, a national non-profit, independent organization.
It is a voluntary process for health care providers to assess every aspect of the care and service they deliver against national standards.
The process consists of a self-assessment, on-site survey and follow-up actions for improvement. Organizations examine all areas of their service, obtain advice from their peers, increase credibility and involve partners and clients during on-site interviews.
Participation in Accreditation
Organizations that participate in the accreditation program benefit from the guidance provided to achieve standards of excellence. It demonstrates an organizations commitment to continuous quality improvement and provides transparency and public accountability.
Toronto Grace Accreditation Results
The following Accreditation highlights are the direct feedback from the surveyors:
- Commitment to quality.
- Successful transition to temporary location.
- New and innovative programs.
- Commitment to patient- and family-centred care.
- New model of care.
- Willingness to develop new programs where there is a defined need.
- Working relationship with health care partners.
- Data-driven performance review and improvement.
- Engaged, committed Board of Trustees.
- Alignment with the mission of The Salvation Army.
- Committed and knowledgeable staff and leaders.