The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre promotes and supports getting the flu shot for our patients and our staff. It protects you, your family and our patients from getting the flu.
THE TOP REASONS TO GET THE FLU SHOT
1. THE FLU AFFECTS EVERYONE – Vaccination is the best defence against the flu.
2. THE FLU SHOT HELPS PROTECT YOU FROM GETTING THE FLU – It prevents many illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths due to the flu.
3. THE FLU SHOT IS SAFE – Mild reactions include soreness, redness or swelling where the vaccine was given. Serious reactions are rare.
4. YOU HAVE A CHILD UNDER 5 YEARS OLD – Young children are more susceptible to serious complications from the flu, such as pneumonia, infection and dehydration. Both children and parents need the shot.
5. YOU ARE PREGNANT OR CONSIDERING PREGNANCY – Pregnant women are at a higher risk of developing complications, such as pneumonia from the flu. The flu shot is safe during pregnancy.
6. YOU – OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW – IS OVER 65 OR HAS A LONG-TERM HEALTH CONDITION – A number of chronic health conditions such as diabetes or cancer, are associated with an increased risk of flu-related complications.
7. GETTING THE FLU SHOT IS PART OF A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE – When you get vaccinated against the flu, you build up your immunity, making you stronger and more resistant to the flu virus.
Flu vaccines are available at your Doctor’s office, the local drug store, and walk-in clinics.
THE FLU SHOT IS YOUR BEST DEFENCE AGAINST THE FLU. GET THE SHOT.
Picture: Join Patricia our Chief Nursing Executive in getting the flu shot.